Last Updated: July 29, 2021
YOUR RIGHT TO CONTROL HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
In Short: We strive to allow you to control how your personal information is used.
- Review the personal information we have about you or request a copy of it;
- Ask us to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate;
- Request that we delete your personal information;
- Opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for some purposes, including sharing that may be defined as a sale under applicable laws;
- Object to certain types of uses of your personal information; and
- Make choices about receiving email marketing
We will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so. If you ask us to delete or stop using your personal information, we may not be able to honor that request if the information is required to process your payments or returns, fulfill your order, or comply with tax, audit or regulatory requirements. To submit a request for access or deletion of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In Short: We may collect information about you such as your contact information, demographic information, and information about the devices you use.
We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
We need to collect personal information in order to provide the products and services you request. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with these products and services.
What information do we collect?
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number;
- Device and browser information including location information IP addresses, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, Cookies and other unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. When you access our Site with a mobile device, we may collect device and browser information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data;
- Location information if you give us permission to do so. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site at any time by way of your device settings.
- Any other information that you provide to us.
We may use your contact information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
In short: We collect information about you in a variety of different ways as you navigate through and interact with our Site.
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect while you interact with our websites, mobile or other apps, social media sites, and other products and services. This often involves information about your device such as IP addresses and MAC addresses, as well as information collected through cookies.
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as credit card issuers and data analytics firms.
- Information we create ourselves after we analyze the information, we collected about you.
Information You provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us for the purposes you provided them. For example, if you apply for beta access we need to collect information about you to process your application.
Information We Collect Through Your Interactions With Us
- Websites and Mobile Apps
We may collect information about you in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our websites, or mobile apps.
- Other Sources
We may also collect information from other sources, including for example, joint marketing partners, data analytics firms, public databases, publicly available social media pages, and other third parties we work with.
Information We Aggregate and Derive
We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In short: Cookies are little bits of computer code that collect data by tagging along with you while you browse, but most importantly they allow us to provide you with the best browsing experience possible.
Most websites, including ours, wouldn’t work very well without certain cookies. They allow us to prevent crashes, display information, fix bugs, and ensure the security of our site (and your account). These types of cookies are often called “strictly necessary” cookies. Because they are needed for our site to work, we don’t provide you with an ability to opt-out of these cookies. But you can remove them by using your browser settings. Keep in mind that certain features of our Site may not be available to you.
Some cookies provide important services but are not strictly necessary for our website to work. These cookies use information about your interactions with us so we can remember your preferences and various settings. We think these cookies are useful and will make it easier for you to use our Site. But you might disagree. If so, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. These options vary by geographic region.
- United States
You can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about opting out of certain cookies on our .com websites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choice.
- Google Analytics & Google AdWords Remarketing
OWNIT and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website, and to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads HERE.
You can also use this Analytics opt out tool HERE.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In Short: We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. Which result in a combination of any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To respond to you, such as when you: email us; call us; make a request or inquiry; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our websites and mobile applications, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our websites, and through our mobile applications;
- For marketing and advertising, such as: to send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the "Your Choice" section below);
- For analytics, such as: to understand how you use our websites and mobile applications; determine the methods and devices used to access our websites and mobile applications; and improve our websites and mobile applications;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law; and
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In short: We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies, with third parties who provide services to you or us, with promotional partners, with social media companies, or with other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information or other information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- Public posting and social sharing. When you post public comments on our websites, on public forums like our social media sites, blogs, and online reviews, your comments are accessible by other members of the public.
- OWNIT service providers. OWNIT uses third parties to provide services to you or us. This includes managing customer information; fulfilling promotions; sending marketing communications; conducting surveys; hosting websites; analyzing data; processing payments; fulfilling and shipping orders; or providing network security, accounting, auditing, and other services. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information for purposes other than why we have retained them.
- Third party partners. We may share information with other companies when we work with them to promote our products or services to our customers. We may also utilize third-party partners to collect personal information through our website(s) for the purposes of conversion tracking and serving advertisements targeted to your interests.
- To fulfill legal obligations and with government agencies. We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations, or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of OWNIT or others.
- During a sale or business transaction. In the event of any potential or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), your personal information may be shared with third parties such as the acquiring entity and its advisors.
- Providing you with Products and Services. We use your information to process, fulfill and communicate with you about your orders, respond to your customer service inquiries, and to inform you of policy or product changes that may impact you. When we use information in this way, we do so for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, or to comply with a legal obligation.
In short: We want you to be comfortable with the information we collect and use, therefore, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by OWNIT to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to OWNIT as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS
To invoke your rights please be referred the contact information under Contact Information.
- Nevada Residents
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing a request to the address provided in the Contact Information section of this policy.
- California Residents
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
In short: We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The majority of the Personal Information that we collect is stored in the United States. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used. By providing us with any personal information, you understand that your information may be transferred, processed, or stored outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have a different data protection regime from the country in which you reside. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide the service to you (for example, as long as you have an online account with us) or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, such as preventing fraud, meeting regulatory requirements, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security, and in each case, as consistent with applicable law. We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
We have put in place technical and organizational security measures to help protect you and the personal information we collect about you. Please note that we will never email you asking for account information like your user name, date of birth, credit card information, or other personal information. Finally, we will never email you with attachments that can be opened. If you received a suspicious email that appears to be from us, please contact us.
Third Party Services.
We are not responsible for, and this policy does not address, the privacy practices of other third parties, such as app developers, social media platforms, operating system providers, wireless or telecommunications service providers, or device manufacturers. The inclusion of a link on our services does not imply an endorsement of the linked sites or services by us or our affiliates.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through our services or otherwise to us.
Evan Shiue, Chief Operating Officer