Yes, you can cook quinoa in an Instant Brands rice cooker. In fact, the Instant Pot Zest 8 Cup One Touch Rice Cooker is designed to cook a variety of grains including quinoa.
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water using a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water or broth in the Instant Brands rice cooker.
- Close the lid and select the 'rice' function on your rice cooker. If your rice cooker does not have a 'rice' function, select the 'pressure cook' function and set it to high pressure for 1 minute.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, let it sit undisturbed for 10 minutes to allow any remaining steam to escape.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later use.
Instant Rice Cookers Buying Guide
Instant’s Rice Cookers bring best-in-class technology to cooking rice and grains. Our rice cookers are lightweight, compact countertop-friendly design fits any size kitchen. Choose between our 8-quart Zest to our 20-quart Multigrain Cooker.
Instant Pot Zest 8 Cup One Touch Rice Cooker
The Instant Pot Zest 8 Cup One Touch Rice Cooker is a great kitchen appliance with multiple features. It has 4 Smart Programs that make cooking rice, oatmeal, and grains easy and fast with one-touch control. The 8 cup capacity is perfect for preparing individual meals or sides while the included steamer tray makes it easy to steam vegetables, fish and more. In addition to its over 10 safety features, it also includes an overheating protection and a safe-locking lid. Finally, by downloading the free app you can access amazing recipes to create delicious meals quickly!
Why People Love This
- Versatile cooking options with customizable temperature settings
- Easy to use and clean
- 1500 watts, 120V
- Temperature range of 77° F - 203° F
- Glossy enamel coated cast iron cooking pot and lid with stainless steel knob