Many people wonder if they can cook rice with meat in their Instant Brands rice cooker. The answer is yes! An Instant Pot or other multi-cooker brand can be a versatile tool for cooking all sorts of dishes, and cooking meat with your rice is just one example.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for cooking rice and meat in your Instant Brands rice cooker:
- Rinse the desired amount of uncooked white or brown rice and place it into the inner pot of your Instant Brands rice cooker.
- Add water to the inner pot according to the recommended ratio on your package of rice (usually 1:1.5 cups water to 1 cup of uncooked white rice, or 1:2 cups water to 1 cup of uncooked brown rice).
- Place seasoned raw meat (such as chicken, beef, or pork) on top of the uncooked rice.
- Close and lock the lid, ensuring that the pressure release valve is set to “sealing”.
- Select the “rice,” “pressure cook,” or “manual” setting on your Instant Pot, depending on your model.
- Set the timer for 20-25 minutes for white rice, or 35-40 minutes for brown rice (or use a pre-set option if available).
- When done cooking, allow natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure using a long-handled utensil like tongs.
- Open the lid carefully away from you and fluff up both the cooked meat and cooked rice using a fork.
Instant Rice Cookers Buying Guide
Instant’s Rice Cookers bring best-in-class technology to cooking rice and grains. Our rice cookers are lightweight, compact countertop-friendly design fits any size kitchen. Choose between our 8-quart Zest to our 20-quart Multigrain Cooker.
Instant Pot Duo Plus 6-Quart Whisper Quiet 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
The Instant Pot Duo Plus 6-Quart is a 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer that is whisper quiet and comes with an App with 1900+ Recipes. It has a beautiful stainless steel grey finish to match any kitchen décor and customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice and more. It also features a tri-ply bottom inner cooking pot for even cooking and anti-spin design for perfect sautéing. The Instant Pot Duo Plus 6-Quart is the perfect kitchen appliance for quick weekday family dinners or meal prepping batches!
Why People Love This
- Easy to use
- Versatile and has multiple functions
- Helpful customer service with quick response time
- Great for making yogurt
- Clear instructions and helpful unboxing videos