Yes, you can! One of the great things about Instant Brands rice cookers is their versatility. You can use them not only to cook perfect rice every time, but also to steam vegetables, fish, and other foods. Using the included steamer basket is a great way to get the most out of your rice cooker and expand your cooking options even further.
Here's how to use a steamer basket with your Instant Brands rice cooker:
- Fill the inner pot with water according to the instructions for your specific model.
- Attach the steamer basket inside the pot and make sure it sits securely on top of the water.
- Add your food items to be steamed into the basket.
- Close the lid and turn on your rice cooker as you normally would.
- Once cooking is complete, carefully remove the steamer basket using oven mitts or tongs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instant Rice Cookers Buying Guide
Instant’s Rice Cookers bring best-in-class technology to cooking rice and grains. Our rice cookers are lightweight, compact countertop-friendly design fits any size kitchen. Choose between our 8-quart Zest to our 20-quart Multigrain Cooker.
Instant Pot Zest 8 Cup One Touch Rice Cooker
The Instant Pot Zest 8 Cup One Touch Rice Cooker is a great kitchen appliance with multiple features. It has 4 Smart Programs that make cooking rice, oatmeal, and grains easy and fast with one-touch control. The 8 cup capacity is perfect for preparing individual meals or sides while the included steamer tray makes it easy to steam vegetables, fish and more. In addition to its over 10 safety features, it also includes an overheating protection and a safe-locking lid. Finally, by downloading the free app you can access amazing recipes to create delicious meals quickly!
Why People Love This
- Versatile cooking options with customizable temperature settings
- Easy to use and clean
- 1500 watts, 120V
- Temperature range of 77° F - 203° F
- Glossy enamel coated cast iron cooking pot and lid with stainless steel knob